Does hanging stockings pose a problem for you since you dont have a fireplace or a mantel? Or do you simply want to change the look and style of your Christmas decorations and are looking for a way to hang stockings differently this year? We have some creative ideas for you.
1. You can hang your stockings from a medium-sized tree dedicated just for hanging stockings.
2. Use raffia or florists wire to hang stockings from your banister.
3. Head outdoors and pick a large sturdy bare branch. Spray white paint for a snow look. Hang stockings on the branches. Makes for a classy Christmas decoration as well.
4. Transform a coat hanger into a stocking holder during Christmas time by decorating it some greenery and bows.
5. Use command hooks or suction cups on a glass window to hang your stockings from them.
6. Hang over the door wreath hangers on the back of a chair and use it to hang stockings.
7. Hang a fishing line or ribbon across an empty wall and use curtain hooks to hang stockings on it.
8. A bed footboard or a flat headboard, if you have one, can be used in place of a mantel. You can also hang them from bed posts.
9. Christmas themed wall plaques with hooks in them and plate hangers can be used to hang stockings.
10. Turn your windowsill into a mantel. Place stocking holders on windowsills and hang stockings from them. As it is, Santa does come from the window where there is no chimney!
This article first appeared in the ‘Celebrating Christmas PDF Magazine‘ which is a FREE magazine that you can download and even print out.