Christmas Decorating > Decorating Your Home
Ornaments Can Decorate more than your Tree
Christmas plates come in a variety of sizes and with a variety of beautiful artwork, so why not use them to help add some holiday spirit to your home? You dont have to go out and buy a whole set of plates either. Just keep your eyes open you can often find Christmas plates for between 5 and 10 dollars at garage sales, flea markets and even larger chain stores where you can buy one at a time. Read through this list of ways to display the plates to help you decide what you want to do with your plates.
· Hang the plates on a bare wall in the shape of a triangle and put one right in the middle at the base to make a Christmas tree. This is especially effective if your plates have a lot of green.
· Display the plates on the mantle and hang them on the wall above the mantle for a catchy display.
· Create a Christmas plate tabletop decoration. Place a cake stand in the center of the table and place a larger plate on it in. Then put a layer of fake snow, or holly leaves or evergreen around the cake stand. Put smaller plates on display stands around the cake stand.
· Hang three on the wall above the door, or in a vertical line on a small wall.
· Use a display stand to set small plates behind the soap dishes in the bathroom.
· Display them on a shelf above a window.
· Hang them on the wall around a window or picture to frame them with holiday cheer.
· Hang them in an arch on the wall behind the Christmas tree so that you can see them over the tree.
· Place three across the top of a coffee table or a single one on a side table and put clear ornaments in them.
· Hang an empty frame on the wall and place a particularly favorite Christmas plate inside. Hang garland from the bottom of the frame to complete the look.
· If you have a lot of plates that only have a decorative border around the edges create a fun look by putting various candles on the plates and displaying them in a corner.
· Mix and match your dishes when setting the table for Christmas dinner. You can create a unique look for each person and everyone will enjoy seeing what plates the other person has.
Get a plain red, green and white plate. Put green and white peppermint candies on the green plate, and tie a white bow around it. Get another white bow and tie a candy cane into it for the red plate. On the white plate put green peppermint candies on the plate, then tie and candy cane into a white bow. Display the three plates down the center of your kitchen table.