Get real creative and welcome and wow guests with an inverted over-the-head chandelier style flower arrangement for the porch. It is sure to stand out as your best decorating .and we wont let out the secret!
1. First, you will need to prepare a base for your arrangement. Place three twigs forming a triangle and fasten their overlapping ends with jute rope making a loop for hanging. Refer to the image below.
2. Place the twig triangle over a brick of floral foam and fasten the foam with a lot of florist wire.
3. Turn the base over. This is where you start arranging your flowers as if it were a normal upright standing arrangement.
4. Use flowers with long stems that penetrate the foam and go all the way back and poke out of the foam from between the wire. Start by placing white gerberas in the center and all 4 sides. Add orchids and fill in empty spaces with greens.
5. Pour water over the foam. The foam will shrink and hold on to the flower stems tightly. Turn it upside down and hang your arrangement in the porch, doorway or hallway from the rope loop.
This article first appeared in the ‘Celebrating Christmas PDF Magazine‘ which is a FREE magazine that you can download and even print out.